sabato 21 maggio 2011

All Roads Lead to Home

Welp, the end came and went. I ended Rome on a beautiful note. Happy and healthy and full of love.
So heres the update:
Barcelona rocked my world. John, Tyler and I are the ultimate traveling trio. We do work.
I got good grades in all my classes, batted a hundred average for pretty much all of them. Ballin.
I bought an outfit for going home, so that I might land in the US lookin fierce. It worked. Thanks Zara for the ballin hot punk blazer.
I made all of my flights on time. It was magical. It was smooth flying because I popped a Nyquil pill and KOed for the entire 10 hours.
Crystal, my mom, and Luca picked me up from the airport and I promptly got an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts.
Now I am home. I am without car because my Dad's got stolen (price you pay for livin in Springfield). Im happy to be home. I missed my fam, my dog, my bed, beans, goya, etc.
It feels weird to be home, but its a good weird.
John and I are going strong, doing the distance thing. Because we're bosses.
Im happy. This is the happiest Ive ever been in my life. Im focused now. I know what I want. I know who I am. I know where Im going. It's a good feeling.
I no longer rely on people for things. I know that I am fully capable of doing things all on my own.
I no longer care what people think, because it doesnt matter.
I have a more profound sense of self. I am more grateful for my family, the opportunities I have, and the blessings I've been given.
I've learned that Karma is, in fact, a bitch. But only if you're a bitch.
I feed off of people's energy, and I no longer put up with negative people.
Life is great. You but only if you make it so.
If you want to suffer, you will. If you want to be bored, you will be. If you want to be fat, you will be. You control everything in your life, minus natural disasters and the weather.
So be happy. Be fierce. Be free. Just be. Life is too short to be miserable all the time over things that dont matter.
I loved Rome, and it will have a piece of my heart forever. But I will take everything I learned and use it here, to make my life even richer than it already was. Because that's what it's all about. Living, and learning.
Thanks for following me through this journey of adventure and growth and eating hahahaha I wont write here anymore because I am no longer in Rome, so this seems counterproductive. But, if you just LOVE my blogging skills (or lack there of) you can follow me on Tumblr. I post less eloquently, but it's better than nothing? megagood.tumblr.com
Until we meet again<3

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento