mercoledì 2 marzo 2011

The bubonic plague

So I am becoming notoriously terrible at the blogging. My irregularity it just terrible. My bad. But in my defensive, I almost died. Ok total exaggeration. But this is the story, ahem:

So last Thursday, me, Krista, Tyler, Dani, and John, went to this little town that is full of ruins called Ostia Anteca. Now in my mind we were going to go there, hang out see some things, and peace. But! To my surprise, YOU CAN ACTUALLY CLIMB ALL OVER THE RUINS! Like no joke, it is like a giant play ground. You can jump off on things and crawl into holes and climb all over and on top of things, all while seeing some sights! I mean, are you SUPPOSED to climb on them? Probably no....But is there anyone there to regulate/ stop you? Nope, so we all got buck wild. It was literally, so much fun! The boys were trying to do hardcore parkour, which was funny to watch. And Krista and I got really close because we found out that we have really similar personalities. So it was a huge success.
Later that same day we all decided that we wanted to go to the Hard Rock Cafe, Roma. So all of us went, plus Giuliano, Alex, and Sam. Which seemed like a good idea at the time. And at the time, it was sooooo amazing. I had the biggest, juiciest burger ever. And I had been wanting that for so long, so I was so happy. But the happiness was so momentary...

Later that night, as I was getting ready to pack for florence, which I was leaving for at 8am with API, I started to feel less than great. Pretty soon I started to feel so sick and nauseous that I could barely stand up. I felt dizzy and weak, and I said screw it to packing, and went straight to bed. At around 1am, shit got real, and I proceeded to violently vomit until 5:45am. It was just awesome.
Needless to say packing didnt go well. As a matter of fact, I only brought the shoes I wore there (sneakers...Im ashamed) and NO ACCESSORIES! YA! That's how sick I was. I looked horrible. I wore no make up on the bus, had a sallow, pale face, and looked dead. I slept the whole way there, and even when I thought that maybe I would be ok to walk around and see things, I wasnt. I ended up sleeping the entire first day of florence. I was just buried under a huge layer of blankets, being miserable. And it was extra crappy because I felt like I was missing out on so much (which I hate) and I was all by myself (which I hate more). But I wanted to be alone, I didnt want to drag anyone down in my bubonic plague death ridden hotel room.
Im really lucky though. Dani and John magically nursed me back to health. Dani gave me her blankets (though our room was freezing) and John managed to find me magic medicine that brought me back to life, and bought me crackers (all I could keep down) and a Sprite. To be honest, I wasnt really alive, but I can vaguely remember them coming in and out of the room to check up on me and take care of me. And each time John found it necessary to call me a different type of mexican food haha it varied between "little burrito" "taco salad" and "little taco". I was comatose, so I didnt complain. But I wouldnt complain anyways, I was being taken care of, and it was  out of the kindness of there own hearts. I love them. And Im so grateful for that because the next day I was an entirely new person!
Florence was really nice. But really small. I liked it, but I honestly didnt get to see as much because I missed a whole day and only had another day to catch up. BUT! I went shopppppiiimnnnnnggggg! Yeaaah Boy, I did work at the leather market. Florence is famous for its leather market, and I indulged. New coat, new travel bag, jewelery, scarf, holla holla. No shoes though! Be proud of me! Because I sure am.
I also got to see The David. And it is the most immense thing you will ever see. Like you dont understand its grandeur in a picture. He is just so big and perfect and you see something different every time you see him at a different angle. I suggest seeing it. It will change your life. Seriously, it's one of the most impressive, beautiful things you will ever see.
I also took a cooking class! And I made tiramissu! And Crepes! AND I FLIPPED THE CREPE IN THE PAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so proud of myself you dont even understand. I even made whipped creme and chopped onions (my first time for both). I am basically going to come back a culinary genius. Nbd. Meaning it's the biggest deal! Seeing as when I came here I could barely boil water. Get. At. Me.
Oh, and I went to a vineyard and got a tour of the cellar and then got a wine tasting, but seeing as I dont drink, I wasnt really interested. And it was fricked snowing. Snowing! What is that?! I was not impressed. But I got a lot of cheese at the wine tasting so I was content. And the guys got all my wine, so they were content hahaha.

I love the guys, I really do. They're so funny. I spend more time at there place then my own, I just like to listen to the absurd things they say.

But ya, that was Florence. It probably would have been more epic if I wasnt dying a slow painful death, puking my life away. But it was still a win over all.

I'm going to Venice tomorrow for Carnivale, which is super exciting, I have a mask and everything, so Im ready to party. Bouts to get buck wild. And Krista's dad sprung for all of us to get a hotel room, which is BALLIN. Im excited.

But now I have to hop off the computer, because this isnt mine. But I'm going to write more often, now that I've survived my near death experience. Hallelujah.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento