mercoledì 16 marzo 2011

Humidity is fun for everyone! Everyone who wants to be ugly.

I have mexican hair like it's no ones business. Just when I think my bangs cant curl up anymore, they surprise me with a new type of curly nonsense. So I'm not even fighting it. I'm going to be walking around all day and night in the rain, so I might as well embrace the chaos on top of my head, and whip mah hair back and forth.
This week was midterm week, which was like the first time I've cracked a book since being in Rome. Which makes the fact that I was complaining even more ridonkulous. But in an unexpected twist to my character, I actually studied! Ya, I know, big deal. But that's just because I knew my Art History exam was going to be horrible (it was) so I couldnt just BS it, as I usually do. I think I did aight, it wasnt perfect, but I knew more than the people sitting around me, who were eating the flesh off their nails in a panic. I spanked my film and mafia midterm without even trying because I actually pay attention in that class (weiiirrrrdddd) partially because I like the material of the class, and partially because I'm scared that my teacher is in fact in the mafia and will have me bite the curb if I dont pay attention.

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful out. 70 and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. So naturally I broke out a very spring appropriate outfit. And while I was at school, I decided that between classes I was going to sit on the balcony and try and absorb as much vitamin D as I could, because I'm the color of milk and I'm not havin it.
So there I am, sitting, minding my own business, in my new Ray Bans (that Im in love with), not doing or wearing anything provocative, when all the sudden a window across the street opens up and like 7 men in business suits start giving me a round of applause and telling me to spin around. Scuza, shouldnt you be doing business type things in your business suits? Not harassing innocent tanners? Just sayin. Oh italian men, so forward, so awkward, soooo metro. haha
I spent the rest of the day trying to be outside as much as possible, but quickly remembered that I had woken up at 5am to study, and decided I wanted to take a nap before my make up class at 9.
The nap was a bad idea because it just made me want to hibernate instead of go to class, but I mean, I put my big girl pants on and proceeded to go to school.

Now I wasnt in class on friday, so I had no idea why we were having a make up class on a tuesday night, at 9, the night before the midterm. But I was rolling with it.
I get to school and my italian teachers boy friend is there to "pick us up", and by pick us up I mean walk with us to the metro and then take us to our teachers apartment.
Now, I dont really trust people or their intentions, ever. So was I a little sketched out about walking down dark allies with this bearded man that I dont know? Yes. But again, rollin with it.
It takes us like half an hour to get to my teachers place from school, which is annoying because it's getting later and I'm so tired, but whatever. Sleep is for the weak.
We finally make it to her place (because her bf wasnt a creepy bearded rapist, but actually a really nice guy) and her crib is BALLIN. Like when I grow up I hope my apartment is so well decorated. She has excellent style though, so I wasnt entirely surprised by her superb decorating skills.
But we all sit in the living room and they bring out antipasto's and beers and wine, and soda and juice (which I think was specifically for me because she knows I dont drink) and then brought out some dank pizza. Naturally, as to not be rude, I stuffed my face and indulged in some pineapple juice.
We were supposed to be studying for the midterm, but that wasnt really working because we kept getting off topic and cracking jokes (in italian, holla) so it wasnt the most effective method of preparing for an exam. Especially since we didnt get home til midnight. It was really fun, but it felt weird seeing my teacher all googley eyed with her bf, looking at all her private things (like the poster that sex "FUCK" in her bathroom, or the poster of people fucking in the bathroom hahahaha) and then having to take her seriously this morning. But she definitely got it in last night after we left because this morning she was all giddy and hyper, glowing and jumping around. I mean, get it girl with your hipster bohemian bf.

So that was yesterday, today has been fairly uneventful, minus that I got eiffel towered in the metro today by some huge creepy dudes, so that wasnt fun.
Oh, and I took my art therapy midterm. It literally took me 15 minutes. It wouldve been 10 except I had to make photocopies of my doodles for her, so that took some time. It was like three questions long, and she gave us the answers. Woman is out of her mind. But it's all good. It's both entertaining, and an easy A. She gave me a hug today. She is literally to my boobs. She's so small, yet so strange. It's almost impressive that so much crazy can fit into such a small vessel.

Tonight should be fun. It's Roma's 150th bday tomorrow so all of italy is getting buck wild. Tonight there are fireworks at the colosseum at midnight, and I'm pretty sure we're all going out to party in the streets with the locals. Im gonna by like 11 redbulls. Ya, it's going to be THAT epic. Nbd.
Tomorrow is also St. Patty's day, so I'm sure everyone is going to pretend to be Irish and get shammered. hahaha So I guess I should probably buy 22 redbulls so I can disperse then out equally throughout the days. Except I should probably save a couple for friday morning, seeing as I'm leaving for Pompei at 7am... and then...SPRING BREAKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm pumped for spring break, minus that I have to fit 8 days worth of clothes into one backpack and have it not be heavier than 22lbs (its not as easy as it sounds...). But I've pretty much accepted the fact that these 8 days will be the ugliest/ least fashionable I have ever been, and I'm just gonna rock it. Idk how...but I am... I just dont know what I am going to do about shoes. What if we go out?! I need shoes!!!!!!! I might hyperventilate while packing for this trip. Im going to need a paper bag to breathe into.

Happy Hump Day everyone!

1 commento:

  1. Congrats on your test scores. Maybe the Italian air just makes your brain work better.

    RispondiElimina