mercoledì 26 gennaio 2011

Home Sweet Rome

So I wasnt expecting much from our apartment. I wasnt actually expecting anything at all because that's how I go into situations: Expect nothing so you are never let down and always surprised.
Welp, I was certainly surprised.
Not only are we in one of the nicest areas in Rome, but our apartment is beautiful. Inside and out. It is owned by a famous TV journalist and is way more spacious than I could have ever hoped for.
Down side is that there is literally no place to put our things. Apparently Romans dont like closets, or at least they dont in this building. But that's fine, Erika and I are going to make it work. There are two bedrooms and Krista and Danielle are in one room and Erika and I are in the other.
I met my new roommate today. Her name is Krista. She is really nice, but she just landed a few hours ago and is completely jet lagged, so I'm sure her personality will only get better with sleep and time.
We are in a very residential area, so there is a cute little park in front of the building, and there are grocery stores on almost every corner. Well, little ones, no Big Y or anything.
I got a cell phone as well so I can keep in touch with everyone now that we all have our separate places and such.
Erika and I are making dinner tonight, and it's going to be a pretty low key day over all because we have to unpack and it's raining. We have to go buy food though, so we're considering going to this market we walked passed on my hunt for a phone.
Pretty sure Danielle is the mom of the house (which is cool because I usually play that role, ha) because everyone is on their computers talking to people sending emails, etc. And she is in the kitchen trying to figure out the oven and how to make the cabinets more space-efficient. hahaha
Now I have to go unpack my things, because my suitcase has currently exploded all over my room.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento