domenica 30 gennaio 2011

Wish you were here

Came on when we were shopping today near the Trevi Fountain. Which is hands down one of the greatest songs ever. But it is also guaranteed to make you miss someone. Even if you were a complete loner and never missed anyone in your entire life, that song comes on, and just like that, you're missin someone.
Now I'm missing my brother. And to be truthful that's probably who I'll miss the most because he's the worst at communication so I wont keep in contact with him as well as I will with everyone else. I'm blowin up his Fb, which he probably hates, but hey, I'm his big sister, I'm supposed to be annoying.

As I said yesterday, last night was game night. Or at least it started out that way. We played bullshit for my first time, and I am ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE at bullshit. To the point where if no one called my bluff I would call it on myself. Real cool, Meghan. so after a very failed attempt at bs, we played scum (also, fondly known as "asshole", both flattering names) and I liked that game! I won twice. And I love winning. Too much really. But we all have our vices.
But cards didnt hold peoples attention for very long and soon enough we started talking about going out. And the general consensus was that we wanted to get our dance on. Hardcore. So we all think "sweet, lets just go to a club." Sounds simple enough. Except the club we thought we knew about didnt exist...? Idk. We went where we were supposed to, and there was nothing there. Which makes us sound like idiots, but I swear, this was not our bad. And the night might have been salvaged for the group, but tragically some people got da meaaaaan case of grumpy gus syndrome, and kind of put a damper on the rest of everyone else's parade. Which isnt ok because we're going to be with each other a lot, so we all need to pull our shit together and act like adults (ummm because, welp, we are).
But despite all the negativity, I was party ready (decked out in sequence) and I wasnt about to call it quits. Because the only person who controls your emotions, is you. So I didnt let anything get me down. So John, Danielle, and I all decided to roam (pun intended) the city, and just have a good time. Even though it was raining. Because we're ballers. Get on our level.
So the night was actually a success in the end. Because we made it so.

The path that I walk on the get to the Metro has this big graffiti on the side walk that says "Buon giorno Principessa" aka good morning princess. I like to pretend it's for me. It makes me smile.

Today we went shopping, and I bought this really nice dress that looks like all the dresses the italian broads wear, so I'm making my subtle transformation into a Roman. If I was into cancer, I'd pick up smoking. Which I might get anyways, just from all the second hand smoke. Yummm.
But as we were walking around I saw a homeless woman, who wasnt older than 30, with no nose. I literally mean she had absolutely no nose. She had a sign, that I'm sure explain what happened. But I couldnt look at her for too long because I was scared I would cry. She had so much sorrow in her eyes that it made your heart hurt. And I'm already a bleeding heart as it is, so I wasnt ready to be a full blown hymopheliac. But talk about perspective. Here I am, in the most beautiful place in the world, with a beautiful apartment, meeting beautiful people, and here is this woman, in the same city as me. Suffering. It made me remember that I need to stay humble and grateful, and not to take anything for granted. Because I didnt get to come on this trip because I'm loaded. I worked for it. And my parents really put themselves in a bind. For me. So that I might get to live this amazing experience. And I am so grateful. Because for some people, that just isnt possible. Believe me, if it was, my soul sister would be sitting on my right hand side blogging about how much fun she's having. And there isnt much I wouldnt do for that to happen...We'll come back together, I know it. Love you Crys.

Sunday is designated "Ugly Day". Meaning I'm not going to do my hair or bother with make up. I'm gonna do my laundry and clean the apartment and grocery shop. So, obviously Sundays will be the day I run into the most attractive people haha All well. It's the day of rest.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento