martedì 25 gennaio 2011

I like the night life baby.

So Roman night life is kind of like American night life, except there is no open container law, so it just spreads like weeds all over the place. Which is fun because that way everywhere around you is a party! Except that also means that everywhere around you are creepy old italian men. Creepy old italian men wearing flamboyant puffer coats and track suits and puma sneakers. Needless to say I'M FEELIN IT. Just kidding. And if it isnt the creepy old guys, it's the young drunk study abroad kids. Everyone else keeps to themselves and their selected groups.
Tonight we went to a place called Sloppy Sams that was recommended to us by a very sloppy (and slutty) bartender who came to the restaurant where we had dinner. Sloppy Sams turned out to be an estrogen fest, but I bumped into Colleen, a friend I made in the London airport, which was awesome.
To switch up the atmosphere we then went to The Drunken Ship, which just so happened to be a VERY crowded sausage fest. So it was kind of like a middle school dance, we were split up between boys and girls.
So we then decided to try and find the Pantheon in the dark, on our own, at around 1:30am. It didnt work out as planned, and we were going down all sorts of creepy alleys. And I'm from Springfield, and I carry a knife in my purse (ya, you heard me) and I was still like, ummm I dont think this is a good idea. Even though if it came down to it, I'd beat some Roman ass. Step on their fancy little leather booties, and be out. haha
I have to start carrying redbull in my purses when I go out. I dont like not holding something when everyone around me is drinking. And redbull is crazy expensive here. The little ones (that are like my breakfast warm up) are around 5 American dollars. Ummmmm Rome, you trippin. So I think I just need to make friends with the guys who work at a convenience store or something. Yes, I think I'll do that.
My roommate Erika knows half of the Americans in town, idk how, she just does. I hope we make more local friends, I need to practice my italian. I want to come back fluent.
I'm totally being that girl who is making everyone take pictures and squish together. Do I care? Nope.
I'm screwed for move in day tomorrow because its 2:30 now and I have to be up at 8....hmmmm all well? You only live once. And you definitely only live this experience once, so eh, I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento