lunedì 31 gennaio 2011

That's amore!

So we lost internet some how and panic ensued in this house hold.

I'm not kidding. People were gettin the shakes.

But it's back! And life is good again. People are getting there facebook crack fix, and emailing all over the place, needless to say, some people are addicted. I might be part of that addiction crew, but not to the severe level as some people. Thank goodness.

Anyways, last night was lovely. Two of the boys came over to our place to just hang out and have a good time. We dont watch TV because it's all in italian, so the focal point isnt a television. Which is refreshing really, because it makes people put in the effort to carry on a conversation. And when you add no internet to all that, well then people really have to have a good conversation hahaha
We must have all been extremely tired because we were laughing way too hard for the fact that the jokes werent actually that funny.
I had a really tender moment with one of my friends last night too. It was one of those rare moments when someone lets their guard down, for real, and you see them in a new light. And probably a light you wont see very often. So it was beautiful in a sense.

I had my first class today. Intermediate Italian 1. And I'm kind of ballin at italian. hahaha jk jk but it was nice to be in a class that was advanced and fully comprehend everything my teacher was saying. I'm going to have a severe problem with mixing up italian and spanish though. I do it all the time, but especially when my speaking picks up speed, that's when I really start to mess up. But at least I understand everything. That's a plus.
I only have one class on Mondays, which is awesome because then I have the rest of the day to explore. Which is exactly what I did today.
Apparently our school is really close to the back of the Spanish Steps, which is beautiful. i'll probably end up going there with my ipod and notebook and just chill and write and watch. People are so interesting. Especially in a place like this because there are people from all over the world here.

Speaking of people watching, outside of the grocery store (which I went to 3 times today) I saw a homeless couple. Which isnt the weirdest part of the couple because you could ask so many questions about a homeless couple, like we're they a couple before they were homeless, or did they hook up at the local park bench? Makes you think you know? But, that wasnt the weird part. The weird part was that they were smelling one another... Like the woman would hold still while the man would smell her neck, or her ear, or her head, and then they would very tenderly kiss one another. It was so fricken weird I couldnt look away. But it was also cute. It wouldve been cuter if they were cleaner, but I mean, do what you gotta do right? Ha.

That's another thing about Rome. PDA is what's really good here. If you have a significant other, you are letting everyone know all the time. You're making out in public, all over the place, nice and sloppy, like you were in the privacy of your own home. And I think it's great. Why bother being in a relationship at all if you're going to act like you're not anyways. That seems stupid. If you love somebody, then LOVE SOMEBODY. Go big or go home. That's what I always say anyways. Which isnt me saying that we should hump on park benches and get jiggy with it everywhere we are, but I think it's amazing to love someone and so much that you cant help but be passionate with them. Keeps you alive I think.
But that's because I'm a boss, and some people just cant get on this level. Not your fault.

I walked more today than I think I have this entire trip. And my legs and feet are feelin it. But it's totally worth it because going anywhere in this city is great.
I told my friend I'd help him get a cell phone, but in route to do so, we decided we were just going to get lost and hope we found a cell phone store on the way. I'm not sure if we decided to get lost, or already were, but we went with it. Ended up in like the outskirts of Rome, then followed the Vatican walls all the way back to St. Peters Sq. aka my favorite place in the world. Then back in the direction of home. We did succeed in getting the cell phone. So it was a success all around.

I went grocery shopping with my other friend, and it was vastly more successful then the last time I went because the last time I only bought enough things to make papas con chile (lemon, chips, no hot sauce because I brought my own) which holds absolutely no nutritional value what so ever. This time around though, I smartened up and watched everyone else grocery shop (like I said I went three times today, but only bought things the last time) and saw/bought what I thought were the decisions everyone else had made hahaha.
It was such an interesting dichotomy going grocery shopping with all girls at first, and then going with all boys the second time. I wish I was a boy sometimes. The simplicity is magical. I know I should be saying that being a girl is magical and all that jazz, but it's not. Being a guy must be awesome haha
Seriously though. The girls have a system. Everything that's considered "community food" as in we shall all partake gets split evenly four ways. But as to not overwhelm the cashier, we have a main person to pay for all of it, then we all pay her back. And that main person is switched off by alphabetical order based on first name. And then the things you want for yourself, you pay for separately. And as a person with OCD, I'm loving the order, and I helped create it, but want to know what the boys do? "Hey bro, wanna just buy this shit, and I'll get you next time?" "Ya dude, that's chill." GENIUS! But it only works that easily if you have a penis. I guess it's a package deal. Pun intended.

I got a little wild today, and walked home by myself for the first time today from the grocery store. And it was night time. No body panic, I'm not trying to make it routine, and it wasnt far from home. But I was proud for not getting lost (though it's a straight shot) and not getting raped or murdered (though that's statistically not really very likely). But I'll pat myself on the back anyways.

I'm exhausted. Rome makes me tired. Mainly because I never want to sleep or stop moving. Which is a good combination for producing exhaustion. So it seems anyways.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento