giovedì 3 febbraio 2011

Happy 21st Birthday Alex!

My sleep pattern is all messed up. I was so tired yesterday that I fell asleep watching Space Jam. SPACE JAM! The greatest movie of all time! I am a little ashamed of myself. I'm sorry Michael. I let you down. Luckily I spent all of 1996 pretending I was Lola bunny and watched that movie religiously. So I guess I've paid my dues.

I'm really behind on my blog because we literally have the worst internet of all time. And I have zero patience. Every time it takes more than three seconds to load a page I bug out and just turn it off.
This is why I didnt use the internet until the dial up era was over. Who has time to just fricken sit around and wait for things. Not I said the cat.

I am in my classes now. They're actually pretty cool. I have a class called film and mafia, and we have to watch The Godfather and Scarface as homework. Oh the torture, please dont make me watch cinematic gangster classics. haha 
Art history will be hard, and my teacher just learned english, like I wanna say, yesterday. So listening to her figure out what to say is a little annoying, but I'm in her country, so I have to be patient. Also, art history is reputable, and what better place to learn about art history right?
Italian is italian. Gotta learn it. 
Then there is Spectator Film, which is going to be fun because we go into the psychology of movies, which seems interesting. But if homegirl from art history doesnt know english, then brocacho over here in spectator film knows even less. But he's young and fun and lets us out early, so I will deal with the language barrier.
Then, there is art therapy. Sounds cool right? Dont be fooled! Bitches be trippin. And I mean that literally. My teacher seems like one of those radical women in the 60's who took far too many acid tablets. And now she is a few fries short of a happy meal. She is this 5 foot stout little feminist who is from Brooklyn. And though she has lived in Rome for 20 years, her accent is still thick as ever. Who knows what her italian sounds like...She is one of those people who claims that they dont like to talk, but then cant shut up. She literally would let you say your name and then go off on these tangents about herself, her failed marriage, how women are so mysterious (which is why men hate them), how women are seen as snakes and witches (which is why men hate them), how women cant look too sexy (which is why men hate them), do you see a trend here? Bitch. Is. Crazy. She had us all draw with our eyes closed, she told us we couldnt make straight lines because straight lines block your vision, and she's a visionary. Bullshit on top of more bullshit. After we all colored like we were in preschool, she made us all hold up our drawings while she interpreted what was amongst all of our swirls and doodles. 
She saw a face in almost all of them. Except for mine. Because she knew I wasnt feelin it. She told me that I like order too much, that I dont want to make a mess and "float". No shit Sherlock, I'm dressed nicely, I dont need oil pastels all over my clothes. Further more, I'm not 4, if I want to sit around and smear shit on recycled paper, I'll go home and do it in my crappy clothes. But I bet she felt really enlightened making that psychoanalysis of me. Which is sad because, well, it was obvious. 
I probably wouldnt have judged her so harshly if she had made any kind of statement throughout the 3 and a half hour class (ya, fml) that validated her as a psychiatrist. But she kept saying bs. At one point she went on this rant about how autism isnt worth studying. Because they arent "fun". Excuse me? Then this girl in class told her that she wanted to work with autistic children and she made this face and was like "Why? You'll see some day that you're wasting your time. Deaf kids are more fun." I almost puked all over a canvas and told her it was what she looked like. I was foaming at the mouth. She is supposed to be an intellectual. I dont know how she got a job, but if it's that easy to be a shrink, I'll do it twice over. Stupid people are taking up all the good air. 

Sorry for that rant. But it had to happen.

I've been completely focused on school and such that we havent really done much else this week. But tomorrow we're going inside the Vatican and into the Sistine Chapel. Which is probably the most amazing this you'll ever see. We have to do a roommate agreement today. And only two roommates dont agree on things. So I'm just going to sit here and smile and let them duke it out. Because I'm trying to stay drama free. Thanks.

Tonight! Tonight, will be a good night. Today is Alex's birthday. His big 2-1! Which seems tragically anticlimactic considering he is already of age to drink here. But we are about to party like Rock Stars at Ice Bar. Just the name sounds sexy huh? Let me elaborate. It's a bar made ENTIRELY of ice! You walk in and they give you these fancy coats and gloves so that you dont get hypothermia. I'm impressed. But I'm easily impressed. My friend bought be a chocolate egg that has a toy inside, and that impressed me too. I'm serious though, it was a little 8 eyed kitty cat toy, and I was thrilled. Because I'm five? Idk. 

Apparently it's snowing like whoa at home. I'm even happier to be here now, because I hate the snow. A lot. 

I got a little crazy the other night and went for an adventure by myself through the neighborhood and found a dollar store! Or a euro store, one might say. It was at night too, so that was an extra ballsy move on my part. But I dressed as badass as  I could, had my stank face on, and basically walked around with my "dont fuck with me" face on. And it worked. No one harassed me or tried to sell me things on the street. I dont actually think it had anything to do with my appearance though, because I am still 5'4 and not tough. But  I can dream. On the inside, I am a gangsta. The littlest gangsta. 

I am going to Paris next weekend! hazza! I'm staying in a hostel, not alone, but it's my first hostel experience. Lets hope its not like the movies, huh? I'm going to weekend before Valentines Day. How lovey dovey. I hope the French dont live up to their douche bag reputations, because I will fight a frenchie (Jk, not trying to get deported). 

I feel as though I have been here for months. But it's only been 11 days. A lot happens in 11 days though. Things just kind of "click" I guess. 

I still love everyone I'm with. I havent really gotten to know anyone outside of my little click, but I'm not too worried about it. I like what I got. And I'm sure things will develop organically. 

I love Rome. I miss my family though. I wish we were rich so that my parents could send me Charlie for his spring break. I'd be the happiest camper of all time. And Max. Let's not forget Max. 

I still have zero clue how to cook or grocery shop...I'm working on it. Baby steps...

Other then that, life has been low key. Low key and awesome. This is the least stressed I've ever been in my entire life. It makes me feel like a different person. I feel lighter some how. And it makes me happy. Really really happy. Stress is evil. And I'm so very ok living without it. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento