venerdì 4 febbraio 2011

Haters they gon hate.

This title isnt to anyone person in particular. But it's true. Misery loves company. And if you let every hater get you down, you wont ever be happy. So my personal philosophy is this "Be true to you, do you, and be happy." Everything else will come easy if you can do that. It does for me anyways.

Now back to the entry at hand, ahem.

So, Ice Bar.... Was a shit show hahaha not in the sense that it sucked but in the sense that everyone got shitty. And it worked for them because it helped people stay warm. I, on the other hand, was stone cold sober. And I mean stone cold. I was a little ice cube. Even though they gave us protective gear. But it was so cool (no pun intended) that I sucked  it up. It was a basically like having a party in an igloo, because the inside is really tiny. Everything is ice. Everything. So the floors were super slippery. Heads up if you ever go: Slippery icy floor + Heels + Drunk girls= excellent show. We rolled in deep with a big posse, and the place was so small that we were running things. Which was pretty cool. It was my first time hanging out with a lot of the other girls from my school, and they were actually really nice. I think we should try and hang out more often, even though big groups are such a hassle, it's always worth it in the end. More fun I think.

Some people didnt handle their liquor as well as originally intended and they had to be taken home. Which is where my mommy instincts kicked in and I started taking care of everyone. For someone who doesnt like kids, I have a really strong maternal instinct to take care of people. I have no idea why. I guess it comes from 20 years of always being sober, you just kind of expect to take care of people. And I dont mind it. I just worry that people mind me, like I dont want anyone to feel like I'm being condescending when I only have their best interest at heart, you know?

I got an email this morning from my Dad that told me that my grandma had received a phone call from a police officer telling her that my brother had been arrested for narcotics possession and intent to sell.
Now if you know me, and my brother, you know that by the time I read this line I was crying and getting ready to pack my shit and head home. I was in a state of complete confusion and sadness all at one time.
I read on. It proceeded to tell me that he was being held at $5,000 bail.
In Canada.
Ummmm hmmm, ok well it's a school day, how did brochacho get to Canada?
I continue to read to find out that this is one of those scams on Dateline where someone tells you that they have your child and you need to pay a ransom asap or your child dies.
Luckily, my Dad is smart and didnt panic (because he never does) and figured it all out.
He apparently proceeded to mess with this guy and say ridiculous things to him (some very crude) while contacting the police. Who ever did this is lucky my Dad cant find them, he doesnt take kindly to people who try and mess with his family.
Needless to say, everything is ok, but I did have a mild (or more than mild) panic attack.

I just realized everyone in my house is asleep but me.... that Ice Bar really got to them haha

Anyways, today I went on the tour of the Vatican and St. Peters Church. Oh no big deal I know.
I probably looked like such a dork because I had my glasses on, my camera out, a pen in my hair, my notebook in my back pocket, and my headset where I was listening to the tour guide. I took pictures of everything. Everything. And then I would write down what he would say about particular things so that I could match up pictures and facts. Because I dont just want 200 pictures of things I dont know anything about. That seems like a waste of hard drive space.
I've been to both of those locations before. But it was different coming back as a more mature person. Which sounds totally corny, but I've grown a lot from Sophomore year (thank God, huh?) and I saw things with a different perspective this time around. I was more intent on learning, not just looking at everything.
It was a super long tour. But that's because they take you through every room of the Vatican (that is accessible) so you can see all the art work and learn what everything was for. Because everything had a purpose.
It's all so ornate. Detail oriented in every aspect. You cant help but be in awe when you go. Regardless of your religious beliefs. I suggest everyone go. Unless you dont like beauty or culture. In which case, continue to read this from the McDonalds with WiFi.
The Sistine Chapel. Wow. Just wow. It's almost all you can say about it when you realize that it is almost 800 sq ft wide, and was painted in four years by Michael Angelo, by candle light. Makes you feel kind of lame huh? haha Every time I think of Michael Angelo or Da Vinci, it makes me want to do something greater with my life. Be something greater. They are OG's if you ask me.
La Pieta is inside St. Peters Church, which is the biggest church in the world. Every part of that church is decked out. You can say a lot about the Catholics, but you certainly cant say they dont have style and flair. Now La Pieta is a sculpture of Mary holding the dead Jesus in her arms. It's been my favorite piece of art since I learned about it from Mr. Garnes in my freshman year world history class. It's perfect. Absolutely perfect. The stone has no flaw, and the emotion is so clear. You can see the holes in Jesus's hands and feet, and the sorrow in Mary's eyes. It will give you goose bumps.
But apparently someone couldnt handle their goosebumps because in 1972 a man took a hammer to her nose and arm. Now the statue is protected behind glass, and she's been reconstructed.
Stupid people should stop breeding more stupid people, they're a waste of space.

Now in a previous entry I mentioned that italians love being lovey dovey in public, and that I thought that was admirable. Welp, I also mentioned that there is a time and place. So to the couple getting hot in heavy inside St. Peters, you need to calm down, there are a lot of dead Popes chillin around you, and possibly a living one. Not the time. It's a church...creeps.

You can get married in St. Peters. If I ever get married, I'm thinking hell yes to having my ceremony there! Not too sure how well that works with me being Mormon...probably not too well. haha Cross that bridge when we get to it I guess.

It's a friday night and I have no idea what I'm doing. Everyone is asleep. I could sleep right now, but that seems like such a waste of time. Which is why I will die first of all my friends because I substitute redbull for sleep. Eh, all well, I've had a good run.

Instead of sleeping I think I'm going to try and pick up on some French words and sayings on like YouTube or something, because I'll be there next weekend. No big deal.

1 commento:

  1. OK. So I read that about Little Charlie and about died. I can only imagine what you were feeling. STUPID PEOPLE!!!

    RispondiElimina