domenica 20 febbraio 2011

Weekend Update with Meghan Goodine

Remember that time I was talking about a sleep schedule? bahahahaha what a silly idea. Just the fact that I thought that I could create and stick to any kind of sleep pattern is hilarious.
So, the weekend. Now, in my not-so-real-life in Rome, I have a 4 day weekend. Thursday through sunday. I have a longer weekend than school week. Which just further proves my "This isnt real life" theory.
This week was my roommate Krista's Birthday, and we had already gone out for dinner on the actual day of, but like all birthday girls, she wanted to go out and party. Clearly I was down, because I love to dance. And do anything social. And any excuse to dress up and wear things with sequence and glitter.
So we find out through a friend of a friend that there is the club called Akab, and it gets on and poppin in the Trastevere area. Which is way south from where we live. But we figure out the buses, and get ourselves to Akab (after stopping at BK for both french fries and directions, dont judge me).
Pretty much Trastereve is a ditch with several clubs in a circle around it. And I would be lying if I said it wasnt one of the seediest places I had ever been too, and I'm from Springfield, so I mean...
But regardless, we were going to make this work. So we stood outside of the club waiting for our other friends who were taking a cab to meet us there. While we waited, I noticed a guy making his way directly to us, and proceeded to come over and ask me if I had a lighter. I politely said no and returned to playing bejeweled on my cellphone. But apparently homeboy was looking for a friend so proceeded to ask for our names and such. His name was Johnny, a soccer player from Roma, with a tattoo of a gecko on his neck. He kept telling me in a very thick italian accent that it was pronounced Jecko in english, and I was just like hmmmmm welp, if anyone is going to know how to pronounce things in english, brochacho, it's me, the english speaking party of this convo.
He said he was waiting for his friends too, and I didnt feel too creeped out by him so I didnt junk punch him and make him leave.
His friends finally got there, and there were about 6 of them, all dressed very nice, all looking a little bit too fancy for gecko Johnny. So Johnny said his goodbyes after a failed attempt at trying to get me to leave my girls.
Flash forward to 15 minutes from now when our friends show up and there is a huge line to get in. I'm thinking, great now we have to pay a cover and wait forever. Except just kidding, because Johnny and his friends were apparently VIP and grabbed me and said, "They're with us" and proceeded to let myself and all of my friends in for free, cutting all the people waiting in the cold. Oh worrrdddd??
Now I'm not stupid. Boys dont do nice things for girls they dont know, at a club, for free. They're expecting something. Maybe something as innocent as a dance partner, but something more vulgar, like a sex partner. Either way, I wasnt down for either outcome, so te minute we were in, I threw up the deuces, and split from GJ (gecko Johnny) and Co.
I'm glad I did, because GJ decided to go snort some coke in the bathroom, and come back a little more jazzed up than before, and a little more aggressive. And maybe every guy in the club was snorting coke, because they were all trying to have sex on the dance floor. Luckily, I had a protective barrier, and had my bitch face on, so I didnt have any issues. Other girls, not so lucky.
Now this place probably has you thinking I was scared for my life, seeing as everyone was about 7 feet tall, and white was the minority by a lot. But I felt right at home, I knew who to NOT talk to, and how not to act, which is really the key to everything in life. And they were BUMPIN the jams, so I just got my dance on and ignored how hood rich the environment was. Years of Springfield public schools prepared me well.

Now, we peaced out at around 3 am. And I wont put anyone on blast, but I will say this, shit got real. Some things were said that never should have been said to me, or to anyone, and my hoodrat creeped out and got the best of me. It's only happened once before this in all of my 20 years, but both times I got loud. Really loud. And if you know me at all, you're probably so confused because I'm generally so level headed and trying to be the peace maker. But be warned, I'm still mexican. From Springfield. And every now and then, I cant keep that as locked up as I'd like too. everything is fine now, and I'm not proud of how of my actions, but I am proud that I defended myself. It wont happen again though. Losing my cool ruins my make up haha
Ps, thanks Dad and Crystal for being there and calming me down. I love you.

The following day I slept til around 1:30pm because I went to bed around 5:30am trying to get my blood pressure to lower. Me and the guys were going to try and go on a day trip, but that just wasnt going to happen waking up so late. So we decided to have our first chill day since we arrived in Rome and made dinner at their place and watched The Gladiator (I know, we're corny,but I had never seen it).
Later that night we got invited to go to a place called Art Cafe by some of our other friends from school. And by the name it seemed like a pretty chill way to spend the night, which would be a nice change up from the night before. SIKE! We roll up to this place and it is BUMPIN! Everyone is dressed to impress. Girls are in heels that make their legs look never ending. Guys are all rockin the sweet line ups, tight pants, button-ups, sweet shoes, etc. And everyone, everyone has their bitch face on. When you think of a typical european night club, with strobes and techno and bounces and a guest list, that was Art Cafe. Now due to extenuating circumstances, I didnt have any make up on. Shocking, I know. And I wouldnt go so far as to say I thought I looked ugly but with all the Ardianna Lima's everywhere, I wasnt feeling top notch. But hey, I'm an actress, so I pushed my shoulders back, chin up, shook up my hair, and applied a little extra bitch and lip gloss.
But after all was said and done, me and the boys turned around and decided to go eat and watch Hannibal. Which, now thinking about it, makes us sound really sick hahahaha we only ate cookies, not people. Promise.

Yesterday as a whole was pretty good. We went on a hunt for this little Sicilian Bakery that was known for Canoli's (delicious), went for a walk, went grocery shopping, got fresh strawberries and pineapple at the open air market, and then went to La Vie Bohemian for aperitivo, which is probably the best cafe in Rome. $8 for aperitivo, with really delicious food, and a really great atmosphere. Really eclectic, and LDM students get a discount. Holla.
Afterwards we all went out to Campo Di Fiori and met Dani's friends from school that were visiting. We chilled at Sloppy Sam's for a bit because Studio 18, the club we were going to go to, was infested with children, and we all felt creepy. hahaha guess that's what happens when there's no age limit.

Now it is Sunday, the day of rest, the day to do all the homework we ignore during our extra long weekend. But more importantly, the day to meet the Pope. Ya, THE POPE. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned that I can see St. Peters Basilica from my apartment, and it is about a 10 minute walk from me. So this morning we woke up to go hear the Pope address the people. The entire square was filled with people. Some clearly catholic, some clearly not. People had banners and flags and were waiting for the Pope like he was a boy band in the 90's. The devotion was overwhelming, but in a good way.
He spoke on loving your enemy, praying for the trespassers, and loving your friends, family, and God. All of which sounds pretty reasonable to me. He also spoke to the crowd in 6 different languages. Italian (duh), Spanish, French, English, German (duh), and Polish, along with reciting things in Latin. He even said hello to certain groups he knew would be there, like the Carnivale Singers from London, and a group from Colombia. And every time he did, the people went wild. Not only is the leader of your faith speaking, but he knows you're there, and in a crowd of hundreds, maybe thousands, he acknowledges you. That's amazing. I got goosebumps. And I'm Mormon haha.

Now I have to buckle down and do work, because homework is the only thing that makes living here anything real. For crying out loud, I eat all day long, pastries and pasta, and I'm LOSING weight. You tell me this is real life. Because it's not.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento